Terms and Conditions
1. Copyright. The copyright of any Lifechart montage belongs to Lifechart. The image may therefore not be copied or reproduced in whole or in part by any means without our express written permission, except in the case of a commissioning client who retains the right to use the imagery in any way he or she sees fit.
2. Commissioned Lifecharts. The copyright on images supplied to us is the responsibility of the client. By commissioning a Lifechart a client confirms that they own the right, or have obtained the right, to reproduce any photographs or illustrations they supply to us.
Whilst every attempt is made by us to ensure the safe return of clients’ photographs and documents sent to us for scanning, we accept no responsibility in the case of their loss. We recommend that valuable items be copied by the client before sending and, if necessary, sent by recorded delivery.
We allow for up to three separate proofing stages in the cost of a commissioned Lifechart and are happy to make changes to proofs as a normal part of the design process. We reserve the right to make an additional charge though for “authors’ changes” in the event of significant extra studio work being caused by the client changing the brief or changing their mind over content, or if more than three proofing stages are required.
The final Lifechart will differ slightly in colour from any proofs seen and signed off by the client since the final result depends on the printing process and paper used. The client should be aware and accept that there will be some degree of variance.
All artwork files are kept by Lifechart for future repeat use by the commissioning client. The client has the right to use the imagery in any way he or she sees fit
3. Payment terms. We require full payment with order for all transactions apart from commissioned orders where an invoices are issued with 15 days payment terms.
4. Postage and packing costs are quoted are for UK mainland only. Overseas rates will be provided on request.
5. Returns Policy: We take care to ensure items are well protected but, in the event of an item arriving damaged, please inform us immediately. We will then refund it in full and arrange with you the best way to return it to us. This does not apply to a personalised product such as a Fishcase print with own catch details where a refund can only be granted if damaged in transit.
6. Value Added Tax (VAT). Prices quoted include VAT at the prevailing rate. VAT will be deducted from the quoted price for products sent to customers outside the European Community. Payment of any duty due in non-EC countries is the responsibility of the customer.